expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Dark Road Home

Dream 6/18/2016



A few of my classmates and me are coming back from a field trip. 

We stop at a gas station. The teacher asks me to go in and get her a bottle of Bud Light and a pack of ice. I go inside and look for both items. I look through all the beer and can't find one bottle of Bud Light. I ask an employee for help. He points to a refrigerator at the end of the store and tells me that the beverage is in there. I look in the frig' but there is nothing but bait and frozen meat. I keep looking. Dennis from my dialysis clinic appears next to me. We greet each other. I tell him what I'm looking for. He grabs a six pack of 8 oz beers that aren't Bud Light. He takes three bottles out, opens one and hands them to me. I give up and head to the cashier. The cashier rings me up and asks me if that's all, I tell him to hang on and I grab a Snickers. "Now I'm good." 

Some girls from the van come in and grab the stuff off the counter and head back outside as if they were annoyed that I was taking so long. I run outside and tell them that I forgot the ice. They become upset and run back inside. 

The teacher is taking each of the students home. We head out to Middletown to my house. The road is closed so we have to park and walk. We start down the dark country road. A car crashes through the "Road Closed" sign. Then another car does the same thing. I tell the teacher that they didn't put enough reflectors on the signs. We turn down my road. I talk about my neighborhood as if it's haunted. Each house has it's own haunting. Some houses we see ghosts, others we just hear noises. But the house next to mine is the one I'm most concerned about. A dog lives there, I believe it's demon possessed. We quietly pass by the house, but not without waking the beast. We hear the growl, then we see it's bloodthirsty eyes. Everyone is scared including myself. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment