expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Father of The Year

Dream 4/21/2016




I'm visiting my cousin in Illinois.

     I don't leave my room the entire time I am here. On top of the dresser in my room is a sink. I take a bath in it. One day, my dad comes to visit. That same day, my cousin gets the new PS4.5 aka Playstation NEO. It's really small. I have no idea how to fit a CD in it. My dad and I play wrestling. He gets really into it, like he is a kid again. We finish with our gaming and sit back up at the table where everyone else is.

     Out of the blue, my dad says something demeaning to my sisters kid. Everyone around the table is frozen in shock and doesn't know what to say. Somebody asks him why he said what he said. He replies with, "I don't give a damn!" Just like a rotten child would say it.  I look at him and say, "Well, if you ever talk to one of my kids that way, I'm gonna give you a knuckle sandwich right to your jaw." He becomes angry, "what did you say?" he screams across the table. "You better get out of my sight right now or I'm gonna come unglued," he says, not quite making eye contact with me anymore. So I walk out of the house.

     I walk down the path to DJ's house, but he isn't there, he's back at the table with everyone else. I walk to the barn where we did karaoke as kids. I stare down the field, where I learned how to drive a truck. I see mobile home upon mobile home all the way down the field. I think of all the memories I've had with this place. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment