expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 27, 2015

The Games

Dream 2/27/2015





Down a secret path, in a secret patch of woods, is a secret soccer field.

The barbecue is going. Friends and family from all over have come to have a fun-filled day of soccer and food. We play for hours. My team is called the 'ghosts.' We rub white powder onto our skin to make us look pale.

My mom wants to leave. Since she drove me, she wants to take me home to get my Jeep so that I can drive back or else someone will have to give me a ride home. I go with her.

I jump into my Jeep and head back toward the games. However, I forget how to get there. I start driving down secret paths in random woods. I get lost.

I take a path through a patch of woods and when I get into the open, I see people playing football. But it's not my family. There are sports fields everywhere, on my right and my left. I keep driving. I see tall fences with barbed wire on either side of me. I've somehow found my way into prison. I get out of my Jeep and start walking toward the front of the jail.

Today, in the prison, they are having sports day. All of the detainees are playing various sports and their families are sitting in the stands watching. I walk by a big, black guy and a small white, guy play a form of racket ball without the rackets. I listen in on their conversation.

The black guy says to the white guy, "you're the gay guy, right?"
The white guy responds, "yea."
"When do you get out?"
"Monday."
"Good," the black guy responds.
They continue playing their game.

I keep walking. Looking around me, I find that I am surrounded by criminals. Some of them are getting into fights. I get scared. I start running. A guard sees me running and thinks I am a criminal trying to escape. He chases me and tackles me to the ground. He sees that I am wearing regular clothes and jumps off of me. He picks me up and takes me to the warden.

The warden, a girl,  looks an awful lot like a nurse at my Dialysis clinic. She asks how I got into the prison. I tell her my story. It's all just a misunderstanding. My mom shows up to pick me up. The warden must have called her. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment