expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Thunder and Lightning

Dream 5/31/2018




A party is being held at my pastor's house. My cousin DJ and I attend, along with the rest of my family and hundreds of fellow classmates from my high school.

When we arrive, we greet and hug the pastors family in the front yard. I walk around the pastor's house. He has a beautifully landscaped yard. His home resides near a river. On the river is a twenty-foot waterfall. The image is so serene, I find myself in an almost trance-like state, admiring nature.

I walk around the front yard to look for my cousin. I see him playing soccer with several other kids. Suddenly I feel out of place. I'm no athlete. The ball gets kicked my direction. I softly kick it forward, setting up for a wows-er of a punt. Unfortunately, the first kick was a little too hard, and I have trouble catching up to the ball. By the time I do, it's already back where the boys are playing.

I walk inside the pastors home and lie down on the couch. I am alone in this room, which makes it peaceful.

DJ finally finishes up with his game of kick the ball, and we walk over to the basketball hoops. He asks if I want to play a game of pig. Suddenly, we are no longer outside, but rather in a gymnasium. Around thirty kids are lined up to play knockout (or as some people know it, thunder and lightning). DJ and I join the line. I look around and recognize students that I haven't seen for a decade, maybe even longer. It comes to my turn. I grab the basketball and try my best not to get eliminated. Swoosh! Nothing but net, well, maybe some rim, but it went in, and that's all that counts. I toss the ball to the next person in line.

Throughout this game, I lose contact with my cousin again. After sinking an almost half-court shot and receiving loud cheers from the line, I step out and look for DJ. I run into a friend, Derek. We catch up for a moment. Another friend, Sam, is standing in line. He is wearing a cheerleading outfit and screaming for us to notice. He dances embarrassingly. I point him out, but Derek doesn't see him. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment