expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Electric Feel

A Dream From The Past




     I've returned to my old job at QRS Recycling. As I work, I fail at something, but I cannot remember. My supervisor, Justin, reprimands me in the break room. As he chews me out, I glance out the window. A garbage truck is driving through the parking lot with his back left up. He snags a power line and pulls it down. Since it is night, the workers cannot easily spot the wire. A worker accidentally touches it. The electric pulse soars through his body and throws him like a rag doll into the air. He falls lifeless to the ground.

     Several workers, unaware of the situation, walk from the factory toward the break room. Many of them touch the live wire. Each is thrown similar to the first. Those of us in the break room run to warn those left. I hear sirens. I am afraid that I will die. I cannot die tonight. I run and hide, but I feel as if the electric wire will find me no matter where I conceal myself. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment