expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 23, 2018

Water Water Everywhere

Dream 2.23.2018




My youth group is traveling to the city. When we get there, we head for our intended spot. It has been raining, and flooding is possible. Before we get to where we are going, a member of our group foresees massive flooding come our way. We start running in the other direction, back from where we came. Nobody around us knows what is about to happen. Giant waves begin to crash all around us. Water starts pouring in from above. We run as fast as we can. I have the same feeling in the pit of my stomach as when I saw the twin towers fall.

We narrowly escape the flood and make it back to our suburban home. Somehow, we know that we are some of the only people who made it out alive. We enter the garage and see that the bottom half of the garage door is missing. Someone, or something, has broken into our house. I search the house and find a band of raccoons scavenging throughout the place. We shoo them out. Matthew McConaughey is here with us. All of us stand in the garage looking out the large, glass door toward the neighborhood. We see the silhouette of a man walking toward us. He is going to break in. I tell my dad to watch the side door. I ask if I should go watch over the opposite side of the house. The man tries to enter the house, but we stop him.

We are near where the flood tried to do us in. We stand under an overpass. We are about to be bombarded by evildoers. Many weapons lay on the ground. I grab a revolver. I pick up to types of ammo and ask the man next to me, which would be best. I load the gun with the bullets that he suggests. Then they come. The rats of society. The scum of the earth. A wall of people who mean to hurt us walk our direction. I try my best to shoot, but my revolver isn't good at long range. I wait until another member of my group mows someone down and then I walk over to the body and plant a bullet in their head to make sure they are dead. I run up a nearby concrete flood control channel and shoot a man at the top. The rest of my group reaches the top as well and makes a run for it. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment