expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Birthday Boy

Dream 8/20/2015


It's my birthday.

Lot's of stuff happening today. Me and some family members are shooting guns in the backyard. I drop a loaded 9mm on the ground. Thankfully, it didn't go off and maim someone. Random people are showing up at the house, mostly my sisters friends.

My dad says it's time to go to my moms. So I head that way. When I get there, my mom and I leave for an undisclosed location. I know there is a surprise party planned. Over the years I've become an expert at knowing when a surprise is afoot. All the classic signs have been signaled.

We walk into a large building and enter a gymnasium full of people. Nobody says anything 'til about thirty seconds in and then "SURPRISE!!!" A choir and orchestra start the familiar song, "Happy birthday to you..." I don't know what to do or how to act. I knew a surprise party was coming but I didn't expect it to be this big. Having a little more time to take things in I notice the gym is decorated in items from my childhood.

I start to think about all the presents I'm going to get today. I sit in the bleachers next to people I don't know. I find it odd. I'd expect a king's throne or something, I mean, I am the man of honor, it is my day of birth after all. The MC tells everyone that under their chair is a free encyclopedia. He then goes on for minutes on how to use it. My mom is sitting a few people down from me. I want to move to where she is but I don't want to offend the people sitting next to me..

A lady comes by with a huge bin full of presents, it's only a fraction of what I really got. She says, "okay, which one of you is Keith." Does she really not know who I am? How is that possible? I'm the birthday boy! Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment