expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, July 20, 2015

Rebel Rebel

Dream 7/20/2015


My senior class takes a field trip to the middle east.

     Many schools have come from America to watch David Bowie perform. Hundreds of kids pile into the auditorium. I notice everyone holding a paper. I ask a friend what it is. They tell me that it is the ticket to get into the concert. I don't have one. I panic. I stand close to a group of people and sneak in. The chairs are full and many of us have to stand in the back. David Bowie performs.

     After we leave the auditorium, we head toward the Titanic, a ship in the harbor where we will take a guided tour. When we get there, a gentleman tells us that the tour is cancelled but we can stand in one room of the ship just so that we can say we did.

     After we leave the Titanic, every one of my classmates disappears. I find myself alone in a strange country. I notice many Islamic men giving me the stare of death. One of them tries to shoot me with an automatic rifle. I find a gun. I shoot back and kill him. The moral argument plays through my mind; Is it wrong to kill in defense or should I just let them murder me. I eventually throw the rule book out the window and walk around shooting anyone who seems like they want to do me harm. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment