expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, December 8, 2014

It Happened On Sesame Street

Dream 12/8/2014




My friend Derek and I own a hot dog vending business. 

We decide to set up in front of a Starbucks where much foot traffic will take place due to a wedding. In order for the people attending the wedding to get to the reception, they must cross our path. 

Derek starts to set up the cart while I go into Starbucks and ask permission to set up in front of their store. I know the manager. I think he'll let me. I sit at the coffee bar. He comes over to me. I start to ask him but he interrupts me and tells me how much he likes my dad. He goes on and on. Every time I try to bring up the subject of the hot dog cart, he starts talking about my dad. It's hopeless. 

I leave.

I step out the front door to find the hot dog cart gone. I ask Derek about it. He tells me that his mom came and hitched it and took it to Shelbyville, Indiana. I ask him how that's possible when he was grilling on it. He couldn't have stopped her. 

He calls her. She brings it back.

I go back into Starbucks to ask the manager for permission once more. But once again he can't stop talking about my dad. He shows me a picture of him and my dad years earlier.

I leave Starbucks and walk down the street to get some air. Down the road are a line of row houses with turn of the century architecture. A bunch of people are making a commotion. "Look, it's sesame street," one man says. Sure enough, the street sign does say Sesame Street. Good to know. I always wondered how to get to Sesame Street.

I walk back to Derek. The hot dog cart is missing once more. Same thing. His mom took it. 
I decide to walk into the wedding reception, which has turned into a one woman show put on by Whitney Houston. She's standing in a wrestling ring singing about how she is in love with Quentin Tarantino. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment