expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Electric Sky

A Dream From The Past




A party is being held at my aunt's house. Her rooms are filled with shelves of food, candy, and drinks much like a convenience store. I don't think we are allowed to eat the food. I leave the party.

Driving home, it is a little after dark. I slow down at what seems to be a construction site on the road, but it isn't. Men are throwing what appears to be grenades over the side of the highway. Some never go off. Others create an electric explosion in the sky. When this happens, they have found something extraordinary.

I run into an old friend, Hollie, at a mini-mall. There is a young, hipster boy trying to impress her. He has a pair of sunglasses and regular eyeglasses lifted onto his head. I am jealous. I walk with Hollie, and without warning, she becomes ill. She runs to the public bathroom which boasts a long line of people out the door as if we were at a Greta Van Fleet concert. But she skips everyone and runs inside to vomit. When she returns, I help her to my Jeep. I clean out my pigsty of a passenger seat for her, which in the end doesn't matter because she chooses to drive. I assume she was doing drugs, and that's the reason she got sick. I ask her if she was doing "X." She looks confused and asks, "do you mean 'H'?" I quickly recover myself, "yeah, that's what I meant." "Yeah," she replies. We drive home. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment