expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 14, 2016

Hard Knocks

Dream 3/14/2016



Somebody asks me to steal a basketball from QRS Recycling.

I no longer work at QRS, but I still have my uniform. So, I don my grey button up shirt with reflectors all over and with the orange hardhat on my head, I trespass on private property. My brother-in-law is working there at this time, but not too many others as everyone has pretty much left for the day. I explore the place because I haven't been to this plant before, the one I used to work at is the next city over. I come across the maintenance shop, where they keep the basketballs. I walk in and immediately see the vertical holder for the various sports balls, but there is a lock on the bottom to prevent anyone from taking them. Disappointed, I leave the recycling plant.

I end up at my old high school, where they are having an assembly. I walk outside to the playground and reminisce about when I was a kid playing here. Most of the playground equipment has been taken away, but a few items from my childhood still remain. I walk over to the metal rainbow and try to hang upside down like I did when I was a kid. I fell and hit my head when I was little, but I didn't cry.

I head to the assembly. The speaker is talking about the WWE. The wrestling organization is making movies on various subjects. One movie is about Planned Parenthood. The speaker wants the school to endorse the movies. One of the teachers stands up, takes the microphone and speaks of her dislike for the WWE, its violence and sexualization of women. At that time, I walk out.

I end up in a junk yard, where my friends work. My long haired buddy shows me some of the cars he's been working on. One car looks like an old version of a Volkswagen bug that was never released. He also shows me a guitar that he built. A custom Gibson SG. He says it's not but it is. I tell him of a custom guitar that another friend of mine made. He hardly listens. I have to repeat myself. We go inside and sit at a table. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I have a seizure. My breathing completely stops for a moment. The ones crowded there erupt in tears. Finally, I take in a large breath. Everyone is elated.

My mom and dad pick me up to take me home. I ask my dad if he can buy me a basketball. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment