expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, September 11, 2015

Security

Dream 9/11/2015



I am a security guard.

     I walk the grounds of the Recyclery that I watch. The facility is close to town but fairly secluded. At one point, I hear a noise. A girls faint voice finds its way to my fearful ears. I try to convince myself that the voice is coming from off the property, but before long, I realize that it's coming from inside a large box just inside the factory. I am the only one here. Nobody works tonight. The way she's talking sounds like she's having a conversation with someone, but I hear no one else.

     I sneak over to a place in the shadows, where no one can find me. I call the police and tell them to get here quickly. They arrive. I point them toward the box. They have to climb over a load of cardboard to get there but when they do, they find a girl in a box talking on her cell phone. She doesn't seem homeless, just someone who wanted some privacy.

     The company rewards me. I come in the next day and they give me a cape and a crown. I walk around the place like I'm a king, but nobody recognizes my royalty but me.

     A few nights later, I'm patrolling the grounds when I hear a noise. I get scared and hide inside a portable shower. I turn the shower on and get soaked. The police come and catch a guy and haul him away. Two other security guards show up, a girl and a guy that I know. They both tell me that the last time they heard a noise, they too jumped into the portable shower. All of us laugh. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment