expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Misery Loves Company

Dream 4/7/2015


My family and I go on vacation to West Virginia, only it looks more like Dubai in the U.A.E.

     I see many tall skyscrapers and lots of fun things to do. We decide to live here. My cousin DJ lives with us. We get by in a humble mobile home. One of our next door neighbors has a 747 Jet. The ceiling is missing from it. We watch him take off, knocking down trees with the wings. He takes people up into the sky, barely strapped in. It gives you a feeling of no gravity. He takes me up free of charge. The adrenaline rush is intense.

     When we land, my family is missing. I search for them. I find my cousin, DJ, floating on a raft in a hidden river, a stale look on his face. He takes me back to where my family has been living for months. Was I up in the plane that long? Upstream is a shell of a house. Another mobile home. I walk into a dark space. My family is shaking, most of them in a fetal position rocking back and forth, half starved. They look miserable. What happened to them? My mind wonders but I can't find any answers. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment