expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

A Song In The Night


    My friends and I go to a concert to see a band that we enjoyed years ago. We get there early and find good seats. The concert goers enter the building wearing large, elaborate costumes.

    A large man sits next to me and falls on me several times. I don't know if he is drunk. My friend Derek sits to my right. I watch as people on the gym floor turn tables upside down to create a strange place to sit.

    The band begins to play. The crowd erupts. I look to see that Derek is walking out of the gym and two lesbians sit in his place. We flirt with each other. They want sex. I talk to them and they think my breath is bad but they don't say it outright. They make jokes at me. I stand up and leave the gymnasium. I recognize several of my friends as I walk out.

    Driving home, I get into an accident on the highway. It wasn't my fault. I leave my car and walk away, leaving the incident unresolved. I meet a man named Victor Davis Hanson in a building nearby and as we talk I become afraid that I will be in deep shit due to leaving the scene of an accident but I never go back.


I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment